Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am super excited about the first artist residency at SoEx with Brion Nuda Rosch! 

The Portable Ice Cream Stand

Part art-object, part functioning ice cream stand, The Portable Ice Cream Stand is a nomadic food stand and social gathering serving sweet refreshments at local functions, playgrounds, campsites, laundry mats, and bookstores. During his residency at Southern Exposure, Rosch will work with a visiting cast of artists to build the stand along with an ongoing assemblage of objects. Interested in creating alternative economies, The Portable Ice Cream Stand will hold business hours and function as model for an alternative economy to support various artistic efforts. Stop by the gallery for some ice cream and a visit with the artist.

Visit the Artist: Thursday – Saturday, 12:00 – 6:00 pm




I put on my super rad Ice cream T-shirt to show my support and wore it home. I noticed I got a few more cat-calls than normal walking to the BART. That's weird I thought, I should check in with Mr. H and make sure this dress looks ok. "Hi Mr. H"  I said. "Nice cones" said Mr. H.First thing.  Whoa this shirt is dangerous.



I dyed my hair last night and then when I woke up this morning I said "Wow my hair is super red! I didn't know it would be so red." and Mr. H was like "Doesn't it look just like the box?" And I said "yeah it's so weird nothing ever looks like it does on the box."







No comments: